Monthly Archives: December 2007
I am developing hardly Maemo WordPy so the next version (0.6) is a great application for blogging. To even be much better than most blogging software that can be found on the desktop
When you are in your computer and you think “I am going to write an article on my blog”, you leave the computer and you are going to write to the tablet because Maemo WordPy offers you a few advantages that no other software doesn’t offer, then I will think “Eh Maemo WordPy finally is a good software”.
After these thoughts, I am going to present a feature that will be availably in Maemo WordPy 0.6. This one is image edition. Maemo WordPy will be able to edit live images, some of its characteristics are:
- Resize images. It’s a very logical option, you don’t want to show an image of 2Mpx in an article of your blog, it would be horrible.
- Crop images. You only want to show an important part of an image, now you can crop an image from Maemo WordPy.
- Rotate and Flip. These options are a must. Rotate could be very useful, and flip is nice.
- Some filters. Brightness, Colorize, Invert, Contour. You can adjust the brightness of an image, something also very useful if you have a photo something dark it could not look well in an article. With Colorize you can add more color to the image, or if you choose the minimum value the image will be black and white. Invert and Contour filters are very nice, but it isn’t very useful.
- Screenshot. Now you can grab a screenshot directly from Maemo WordPy and you can edit it as if it were a normal image.
- Flickr support. There will be an option to upload images to your Flickr account and even an option to choose one of these images in Flickr and add it to an article.
There is a video available in youtube showing how this works: Image handling in Maemo WordPy.
I don’t like flash videos here, but the original ogg/theora video (propietary? ) is 7 Mb, and the server doesn’t want more than 500kb files.
The video is somewhat slow but it’s for the way of recording it, that was some tricky. In the device the most operations in the image handling are fast.
Please comment what options you would add to the image handling in Maemo WordPy. Or how that could be improved. Now is the perfect time.
There will be many changes more in Maemo WordPy 0.6 when it is launched, but I wanted to write this article to report on this feature before tomorrow it is launched Canola2 and it takes all the protagonism