Monthly Archives: November 2007
This version works only with OS2006 (only tested in gregale) and OS2007.
OS2008 will be possibly next week.
- Interface reorganization. I think that with this the screen space will be better utilize.
- Added Help to the preferences and tags dialogs. Many people don’t know what’s the URL that should be added in the settings dialog and they shouldn’t know. The preferences dialog now has a help option (aka ? icon). Also in html tags dialog, explaining each one.
- Menus finger-friendly. Very finger-friendly. Menu screenshot.
- Added new menu icons from Gartoon iconset.
- Option for delete articles already published. Now only downloads the last five published articles, but there will be an option to choose this in the future.
- Save settings in system backup. When you do a backup to reinstall the system Maemo WordPy retain their preferences.
- Image size now with preserving aspect ratio.
- More html tags: abbr, superscript, subscript, and so on.
- Show/hide toolbar. You can hide the toolbar to get a better vision of the article entry. In fullscreen mode and without toolbar, all space is for writting.
- New way for save and load articles. Now xml files are used to store the articles. Feature for WordPy desktop version.
- Options for ‘save’ and ‘save as’ articles. Before you could only ‘save as’.
You can see the full changelog.
I updated the Roadmap, so you can see the new features to come. The next version 0.6 will be a inflection point, especially for handling images. There will be a small image editor in Maemo WordPy.
As always I am open to any comments about Maemo WordPy, good or bad.
And please don’t forget to report bugs you find.
Finally thank everyone who has asked me to improve Maemo WordPy, which features lacks and good use they had given it. Special thanks to Karl Petermichl.
Nor I missed all the good reviews it has been over the Internet, and even those articles that said only ‘testing with maemo wordpy’. These are things that make you smile.
BTW, thanks also to maemo team.
Thank you very much.
Well, this article is for Maemo WordPy 0.5, it isn’t a thanks article